Sunday, March 28, 2010

And now stay tuned for, "The Death of a Faucet"!

Yes, after ten years of good service my faucet has died.  The other night I had moved the faucet to the left and that's where it stayed.  I could not move it back, so my husband tried to move it using brute force, and this is what we ended up with (left pic).  Yes, he decapitated my faucet.
The faucet we had for ten years was a Moen. Ten years I'd say not bad.  No not bad at all.  I went to their website to try, and find my old faucet, but evidently they don't make it anymore, but they do have 1,000, and their motto is, "Buy it for looks.  Buy it for life."  WRONG!  Unless you've saved your paperwork and receipt probably.  I'll have to do some heavy research to try, and find out how to get my money back.  LOL

This time my hubby decided to buy a Delta.  As you can see this time we got a faucet that you can put a filter onto.  I really want to get one of those PUR filters for my faucet.  (Don't forget about my give-away.  It's over on the 31st.  Going to have to find me a give-away now to get that filter.  he~he). They too have a Lifetime Faucet and Finish Limited Warranty,  "Delta will replace FREE OF CHARGE, during the warranty period (duh - it says lifetime) any part or finish that proves defective in material and/or workmanship under normal installation.  Okay, I want to know who is the judge of this, and what is abnormal installation.  If there's anything abnormal about this installation it has to be my husband doing it.  He is a MUSICIAN!  NOT - A plumber, but I'm so proud of him.  He put the first one in ten years ago with no help, and he did this one too.  No trial and error at all.  He remodeled this whole house too.  oooo That would be a post to do for you guys!  The before and after of this house.  Our home was a handy man special and we got it for a song.  I did take movies of the before and after, so maybe I will do that for you.  My husband did all the remodeling himself, and he never did anything like this before either.  There was a few trial and error, but only a few.  His family and myself are so proud of him.  I'm so glad his wonderful Mom lived long enough to see her 42 yr.old bachelor son get married, and buy his own home shortly after that.  She was proud.

Okay I'm going to save this one, and see what happens, and staple my receipt with it.  I'm NOT going to pay for another one when they say LIFETIME WARRANTY!

Now for your chuckle of the day yes, I did get squirted at least three times.  forgetting the faucet was broke I turned the water on, and I got it down the front of my shirt, and had to clean up the mess.  Then after I cleaned up the mess you would think I learned HA!  NOT!  Put it on again I did, and this time in the mug!  Oh boy!  What a picture that would've made, and NO. NO PICTURES.  Sorry, didn't think to snap one! 

8 comments:

Liz Mays said...

It's hilarious that you got squirted twice! lol

Stef H said...

it has to be true... it's too funny! great job hubby! now get a new sink - lol.

Night Owl Mama said...

wooo whooo WtG dave. NOW I need one installed WHen ya coming over?

NEXT up review of the DELTA faucet :)

A GAL NEEDS... said...

I'm so glad I read your post! Now I can run and enter your contest and I can admire your hubby's handiwork, which IS worth bragging about! Congratulations for the beautiful remodel job. Hope to see that sometime! Have a great weekend!

veterankindergartenteacher said...

Call about the warranty anyway Dolly. You have the broken faucet. They ought to give you your money back...or at least some of it. I would love to see posts on before and after pics of your house. Have a great week.

Unknown said...

omg - yesterday I tried to install a faucet I have to look but it looks like the same one! And I couldnt because the old one is stuck in there! And now all the water is off and I have to call a plumber... a mess. its a mess... lol

stopping by from harriets comment challenge and no way did I expect to see a faucet! lol

tracy

Anonymous said...

How else can a musician put in a new faucet without you getting squirted at least 3 times, ha! ha! ha! But this is a good thing that's happened since you now can use a water filter with it.

Humpf! If I were you I'd send them back their old faucet in the mail...who else made it but them because who keeps 10 year old records. I don't need a water filter, let me go see whatelse you have for free around here....oooo, there's so much to see and do. - Haupi

Rupinder said...

If you need a specific delta kitchen faucet, you should look at the many modelsdifferent categories and then decide what is best for decorating your kitchen.


double bowl kitchen sink

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...